Sunday 18 December 2011

Mango Sorbet


I like mangos. Hence, I like mango sorbet...I also own an ice-cream maker (which makes better sorbets than ice-creams).
Umm. Mango skins? ;)

Unfrozen mango purée mixture thingy isn't the prettiest thing in the world. But smells so good. Also, there may seem to be a lot of lemon juice...but you can't taste it. But it makes all the difference. Otherwise it gets kinda sickly. Just try it. You'll see what I mean. Hopefully. Why am I typing such short sentences today?




 Oh yeah...I was taking photos of sorbet in direct bright, bright sunlight...and you can see the bottom of it melting awaaaaay!

Mango Sorbet
Makes 1L

1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
flesh of 3 mangos (~500g)

Bring the water, sugar, oil and lemon juice to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and add the mango flesh. Purée with a immersion blender (or blender, food processor, masher etc) and place in the fridge until chilled. It should take about 3 hours, but preferably overnight. Churn in a ice maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Alternatively, freeze for two hours or until just frozen at the edges and then beat with electric mixer. Repeat 2 or 3 more times.

...I think that the ice maker will result in a much smoother, and generally better sorbet. My personal opinion though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?